Skip to content

Who is responsible for taxes and fees associated with the Invstr Jr account?

The funds in the account belong to the Minor. Both you (Parent/Guardian) and the Minor should consider the tax consequences of funding the account. Earnings on the account may require the Minor to file a tax return and pay taxes on those earnings, or, if you and the Minor meet certain requirements, you may elect to include such earnings on your (Parent’s/Guardian’s) tax return to pay the applicable taxes. Additionally, funds used to open the account may be subject to gift taxes if given by you (Parent/Guardian) or other third party. This is only a summary of some of the tax implications of opening an Invstr Jr account. You should consult your tax advisor regarding the federal, state, and local tax consequences and/or potential impact to future student aid by opening an account with respect to your and your Minor’s personal situation.

More questions? You can contact the  or .