Missing Fantasy Sports? Try Fantasy Finance & Win Real Cash
By Kerim Derhalli, Invstr CEO
Every major sport, from basketball to tennis, is on hiatus. That means that millions of fantasy sports fans around the world are currently looking for a new pastime with the same levels of competition, social connection, and opportunities to win extra cash. When we launched Invstr’s Fantasy Finance in 2018, we always thought it would resonate with those who love fantasy sports; you pick your stocks the same way you select players and build a roster; you compete against your friends to see who can come out on top and win bragging rights. With Fantasy Finance, draft day happens every day, as you buy and sell stocks while the market moves in real time. The score is constantly changing, which makes gameplay even more exciting!
While we don’t necessarily see ourselves as the app version of ESPN’s “The Ocho” (we think the financial markets are a little more exciting than competitive stone skipping), we’re glad to offer a fun, engaging, and educational app during these uncertain times. For those of you who have been missing the adrenaline rush that comes with competition, Fantasy Finance is the perfect salve—right now, stock moves of 5% or even 20% are common!
With downloads of Invstr now approaching one million and users spending twice as much time on the app than before the pandemic, many sports fans have set up virtual Fantasy Finance leagues with their friends and families. That includes users like Claudia Bonny, who told us that Invstr has “done a good job mimicking fantasy sports.” Louie Gatlin, another user, said, “I have enjoyed Invstr Fantasy Finance and keep it in a folder with my fantasy football apps. My brothers have the app too, and that lets me compete and learn about stocks and trading, while having the thrill of beating them at the game!”
To celebrate everyone around the world who is coming to us for their fantasy fix, we’re now releasing the Invstr Sports Star Index, which includes prominent investments from some of the world’s most iconic athletes.
The Invstr Sports Star Index is up 22% in April and 163% over 5 years, outperforming the SPX major Index by 6% in April and 127% over 5 years. These stocks include:
- Shaquille O’Neal’s tech favorites Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) and Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL),
- New York Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard’s bets on e-commerce giant Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and electric car company Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA)
- Miami Heat star Andre Iguodala’s video conferencing company of choice Zoom (NASDAQ: ZM)
- Retired basketball star Magic Johnson’s preferred coffee chain Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX)
- The iconic sports brand of choice for athletes, Nike (NYSE: NKE), endorsed by basketball legend Michael Jordan
- The plant-based food company Beyond Meat (NASDAQ: BYND) loved by both Brooklyn Nets player Kyrie Irving and former professional skier Lindsey Vonn
- Former New England Patriots defensive lineman Jarvis Green’s popular streaming service Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX)
Will you follow in the footsteps of your favorite athletes or make your own way into the exciting world of the stock market?
Download Fantasy Finance and see what the hype is all about: https://invstr.com/fantasy-finance/