Table of Contents
Are you ready to dive into the world of money-making adventures? If you’re a 13-year-old eager to snag some cash or a parent on the lookout for cool and safe ways for your kid to explore money matters, you’ve hit the jackpot. In this article, we’re spilling the beans on how to rake in the moolah as a 13-year-old, and we’ve got a nifty tool to jazz up your money game.
Remember that feeling when you scored your first earnings from a lemonade stand or by walking the neighbor’s dog? Well, guess what? You’re a year older and wiser now, and it’s time to level up your money-making game while having a blast and picking up some serious life skills.
We understand that the age of 13 can be a pivotal time – a transition between childhood and the teenage years. You might be searching for ways to save up for that new gadget, or wardrobe addition, or even start building your college fund. On the flip side, parents might be wondering how they can support their children’s financial aspirations while ensuring their safety and well-being.
No worries at all – we’ve got your back! Building on our previous article, How to Make Money as a 12-Year-Old, we’re here with a fresh batch of ideas, tips, and inside scoop tailored just for the 13-year-old squad. And guess what? We’re also throwing in a super cool tool to turbocharge your money skills.
But hang tight, because being 13 isn’t just about the cash. It’s a chance to learn about responsibility, making smart choices, and understanding the value of putting in the effort. Whether you’re a future tech wizard, an artist in the making, or just someone eager to dive into money smarts, keep reading to explore some epic avenues for growth and financial fun.
In this article, we’re diving into:
Old-School Ventures: Classic but gold ways to flex your skills and passions while raking in the dough.
Digital Playground: Embracing the online world to find gigs, cool freelancing stuff, and awesome platforms that turn your hobbies into cash machines.
Investing in You: Why learning about money matters, and we’ve got a rad tool to help you become a money genius.
So, whether you’re a future millionaire, a creative genius, or someone who wants to nail the money game, keep reading to uncover the secrets of making money as a 13-year-old. And parents, don’t worry – we’ve got your back too, making sure your kid’s money moves are not just profitable, but also safe and epic. Ready to rock your financial journey? Let’s look at all the ways to make money as a 13 year old!
How can you find a part-time job suitable for a 13 year old?
Finding a part-time job when you’re just 13 might sound like a big deal, but guess what? There are actually some pretty cool and legal ways you can earn some cash while having a blast. Let’s break how to make money as a 13 year old down:
1. Tapping into Your Inner Circle: Your family and friends can be your secret weapon here. You know that family friend who’s always looking for a pet sitter? Or maybe your cousin needs a hand with their lawn? Don’t hesitate to reach out and offer your services. From walking dogs to watering plants, these small tasks can turn into your first money-making gig.
2. Neighborly Ventures: Neighbors can be a goldmine for part-time job opportunities. Think about it – snow shoveling, mowing lawns, and helping out the elderly with their daily chores can earn you some pocket money. Plus, it’s a chance to connect with your community and make a positive impact.
3. Knocking on Local Business Doors: Your town might have some awesome local shops or cafes that could use an extra hand. Don’t be shy to step in and ask if they need assistance with tasks like stocking shelves, cleaning, or even helping customers. It’s a great way to learn about different businesses while earning your keep.
4. Digital Age Side Hustles: Welcome to the era of online opportunities! Some platforms are all about connecting teens with job listings that suit their skills and interests. Keep an eye out for websites that specialize in gigs for young folks like you. Vlogging, tutoring, or even helping with virtual tasks can all be done from the comfort of your own space.
Remember, these part-time job ideas aren’t just about making money. They’re about gaining experience, learning responsibility, and having a ton of fun along the way. And hey, it’s pretty awesome that you’re thinking about this at 13. So, whether you’re wrangling a friendly pup, shoveling snow like a pro, or offering a helping hand at the local store, each of these opportunities can be your stepping stone to financial independence. Now that you’ve got the lowdown on snagging a part-time job, let’s shift gears and explore another exciting way to boost your financial IQ: introducing Invstr Jr.
Invstr Jr isn’t just a game – it’s an amazing tool that can help you understand money and investing in a fun way. Check it out to uncover a whole new world of financial smarts! So, let’s keep this money-making train chugging and dive into the world of digital opportunities.
Types of jobs for 13 year olds
It’s time to explore the exciting realm of job options that are tailor-made so you can make money as a 13-year-old. These gigs aren’t just about making some dough; they’re opportunities to learn new skills, flex your creativity, and earn a little financial independence. Let’s dive in:
1. Babysitting: If you’re responsible and love spending time with little ones, babysitting could be your calling. Parents often need a trustworthy hand to watch over their kids, and your knack for playing games and telling stories can make you the perfect fit. Plus, the extra bonus? Babysitting is a fantastic way to learn about responsibility and nurturing.
2. Pet Sitting or Dog Walking: Calling all animal lovers! Taking care of pets while their owners are away is a fantastic way to earn some extra cash. Whether it’s feeding, walking, or just giving furry companions some TLC, this job lets you hang out with adorable animals and make money while doing it.
3. Lawn Mowing: If you’re all about outdoor activities, lawn mowing can be a great gig. With a lawnmower in hand, you can offer your services to neighbors looking to keep their lawns looking spick and span. It’s a perfect way to enjoy the sunshine while making your community look awesome.
4. House Cleaning: Have an eye for cleanliness and organization? House cleaning might be your ticket. Tidying up, dusting, and even doing some light chores for busy families can be a rewarding way to earn money while learning about time management.
5. Tutoring: If you excel in a particular subject, sharing your knowledge as a tutor can be a win-win. Helping classmates or younger students understand tricky concepts can not only be financially rewarding but also boost your own understanding of the topic.
6. Car Wash: Got a knack for making things shiny and clean? Offering car wash services to friends, family, and neighbors can earn you some good money. And the best part? You’ll have cars looking spiffy and owners smiling in no time.
7. Paper Delivery: This classic job involves delivering newspapers to homes in your neighborhood. It’s a fantastic way to stay active, meet people, and earn money at the same time.
8. Assisting at Local Shops: Small local businesses often appreciate a helping hand. From stocking shelves to helping customers, you’ll learn about retail while earning some pocket money.
9. Online Content Creation: If you’re tech-savvy and creative, consider venturing into the digital world. You can create content like videos, blog posts, or artwork and share them online. Some platforms might even pay you for your awesome creations.
Each of these job opportunities comes with its own set of perks. You get to do things you enjoy, learn valuable life skills, and earn money along the way. Plus, remember that the skills you gain from these jobs can set you up for success in the future.
Businesses 13 year olds can start to make money
Ready to level up your money-making game? Well, guess what? You don’t have to wait around for a part-time job – you can start your own business and call the shots! Yep, you read that right. Even at 13, you’ve got the smarts and skills to rock the entrepreneurial world. Here are some awesome business ideas just for you to make money as a 13 year old.
1. Crafts and Art: If you’ve got a creative flair, turn it into a business! Create unique crafts, paintings, or even handmade accessories and sell them online or at local craft fairs.
2. Jewelry Making: Channel your inner jewelry designer. Create beautiful and unique pieces that can be sold at markets, online platforms, or even to friends and family.
3. Lawn Care Services: Love the smell of freshly cut grass? Offer lawn care services to neighbors who want their lawns to look tip-top.
4. Pet Services: Pet lovers, rejoice! Offer services like pet walking, pet sitting, or even making homemade pet treats for furry friends in your community.
5. Tutoring: Remember how we talked about tutoring? Well, flip the script and become the boss by offering tutoring services in subjects you excel in.
6. Digital Services: Tech-savvy? Offer services like graphic design, website creation, or social media management for local businesses.
7. Homework Help: If you’re a whiz at schoolwork, why not offer homework help to fellow students who might be struggling?
8. Cleaning Services: From organizing closets to tidying up rooms, cleaning services can be a hit with busy families looking for an extra hand.
9. Personal Shopper: If you’ve got an eye for style, offer personal shopping services to help people find their perfect outfits.
10. Car Wash: Get your friends together and start a car wash business. Clean cars, jam to music, and make some cash.
11. Plant Care/Garden Maintenance: Green thumbs, this one’s for you. Offer plant care and garden maintenance services to neighbors and friends.
12. Photography: Got a knack for photography? Offer your skills for family photoshoots, events, or even capturing pets in their best light.
Other ways 13 year olds can make money
Guess what? The world of money-making is more exciting and diverse than you might think! If you’ve got the zest for entrepreneurship, but maybe the traditional jobs and businesses don’t quite hit the spot, fear not – there are still plenty of awesome ways for a 13 year old to make money that’ll match your style.
1. Investing in the Stock Market: Yes, you read that right – investing! Start growing your money by wisely investing your pocket money. Invstr Jr can guide you through the ins and outs of investing, making it both educational and rewarding. You’ll learn the ropes of the stock market and watch your money grow over time.
2. Completing Chores Around the House: Offering to tackle household chores is not just a way to earn some extra cash, but it’s also a way to show responsibility. From cleaning rooms to doing the dishes, contributing to your household can earn you those brownie points and some pocket money.
3. Selling Unwanted Items: Have a knack for decluttering? Take a look around your room and see if there are items you no longer need or want. Set up a garage sale or use online platforms to sell your gently used clothes, toys, or gadgets.
4. Helper to Your Parents: Here’s an opportunity to win hearts and make some money! Offer to help your parents with tasks they might need assistance with, like grocery shopping, organizing, or even meal prepping. It’s a way to lighten their load while also earning some cash.
5. Recycling: Saving the environment while making money? Absolutely! Collect and recycle items like cans, bottles, and paper in your community. Not only will you contribute to a cleaner world, but you’ll also earn a little something for your efforts.
6. Organizing Events: Are you the master of planning and organizing? Offer your event planning skills for birthdays, small gatherings, or even community events. It’s a chance to showcase your creativity and earn money for a job well done.
7. Writing and Blogging: If you’ve got a way with words, consider writing articles, blog posts, or even stories for others. Freelancing your writing skills can be both fun and profitable.
8. Yard Sales: Gather your friends and organize a neighborhood yard sale. It’s a team effort, and everyone gets a slice of the pie from selling items they no longer need.
Remember, each of these unique money-making methods comes with its own set of perks. Whether it’s the thrill of watching your investments grow, the satisfaction of helping out at home, or the joy of organizing events, these opportunities let you express yourself while earning money. And hey, speaking of making smart money moves, don’t forget to explore Invstr Jr.
What steps should you take to manage your earnings responsibly?
As you dive into the exciting world of making money, it’s crucial to also learn how to manage it like a pro. Managing your earnings responsibly sets you up for a future of financial freedom and success. Here’s how to do it:
When you start earning, it’s a great idea to divide your money into different “pots.” One pot could be for immediate spending – think of it as your play money for treats and fun outings. Another pot should be for saving – stash away a portion of your earnings for bigger goals, like buying something special or even setting up a college fund.
And hey, speaking of saving, that’s where Invstr Jr can lend a hand. The app isn’t just about playing games; it’s about understanding the power of saving and investing. With parental approval, you can learn how to invest in stocks and how your money can grow over time. It’s like a virtual playground for future investors!
As your earnings grow, consider exploring the world of investing. This might sound a bit advanced, but remember, investing doesn’t always mean risking large sums of money. With the right knowledge – which you can gain through Invstr Jr – you can start small and watch your investments grow over time.
In a nutshell, responsible money management means striking a balance between spending, saving, and investing. With tools like Invstr Jr, you’re not just learning the ropes of money; you’re building a strong foundation for your financial future. So, go ahead and conquer the world of earning, spending, and smart money moves – your financial journey starts now!
What role does goal setting play in your money-making ventures?
Having clear goals can be your secret weapon. Setting goals isn’t just for adults – it’s a powerful tool for you too. Goals give you a roadmap to follow, and they make your money-making journey even more exciting and rewarding.
Think about it: when you have a goal in mind, whether it’s saving up for a new gadget, funding a cool project, or even squirreling away cash for a dream adventure, every dollar you earn becomes a step closer to your target. Goals give you purpose and a reason to manage your earnings responsibly.
You know what’s even cooler? Achieving those goals! When you see your hard-earned money turn into something you’ve been dreaming about, it’s an incredible feeling. And trust us, no goal is too big or too small. Every goal you set, whether it’s short-term or long-term, contributes to your financial journey.
Speaking of setting goals, we’ve got an awesome resource that can help you dive deeper into the world of financial goal setting. Check out our article on The Importance of Setting Financial Goals for Kids. It’s packed with insights and tips on how goal setting can turbocharge your money-making ventures.
You can also propose Goals on Invstr Jr! When you complete a Goal, you can get a reward! An incentive to get into great habits – all while learning how to earn, save, and manage money!
So, as you navigate your way through earning, saving, and investing, remember that goals are your guiding stars. They’re the reason you’re putting in the effort and learning to manage your finances like a pro. With each goal you set and achieve, you’re building a foundation for a future that’s not just financially successful, but also incredibly fulfilling. Keep those goals in sight, and let the magic of achieving them fuel your journey!
And there we have it! You’ve just unlocked a world of possibilities by learning how to make money as a 13-year-old. Whether you’re babysitting, starting your own business, or exploring unique money-making avenues, you’ve taken the first steps toward financial empowerment.
Remember, making money isn’t just about the cash – it’s about gaining valuable skills, understanding responsibility, and setting your sights on exciting goals. With every dollar you earn, you’re building a foundation for a future where you’re in control of your financial destiny.
And speaking of financial wisdom, don’t forget to check out Invstr Jr – your companion on the journey to becoming a financial whiz. From investing in stocks to learning the art of smart money management, it’s your secret weapon to mastering the world of finance.
As you set sail on your money-making adventures, keep in mind the power of goal setting. Those dreams you have? They’re not just dreams – they’re stepping stones toward a brighter and more empowered future. So, go ahead, make money, set goals, and watch as you become the money-savvy superstar you were meant to be!
Your journey to financial awesomeness has only just begun. Keep learning, growing, and striving for success – the world is yours for the taking!
This article was generated using automation technology. It has been thoroughly reviewed, edited and fact-checked by an editor at Invstr.
All investing involves risk and can lead to losses.
Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Invstr Financial LLC (Invstr) is registered as an advisor with the SEC. Securities trading is offered to self-directed investors by Social Invstr LLC, a member of FINRA.