Greetings Fellow Invstr!
We appreciate your time as a member of the INVSTR community. We would like to ensure every investor has the proper tools and resources to invest smarter and capitalize on great opportune investments!
*dates subject to change*
Earnings Reports (01/23/2023 – 01/27/2023)
After a mostly negative week, the markets were able to claim back some gains on Friday, which is a good sign for next week.
Some earnings highlights included Netflix, which rose after reporting very positive earnings that marked a historic leadership change from founder Reed Hastings to new co-CEO Greg Peters.
Investors, and everyday citizens were alarmed after poor retail data was released by the government, showing an underwhelming earnings season with lower demand. Along with this, fears of further rate hikes took control of the markets once again, fueling negative sentiment.
Overall, U.S. stocks were negative for the first time in 2023. Going forward, investors should monitor upcoming economic data and major corporate earnings as earnings season has officially kicked off.
Here are the companies from this week’s expected earnings:
- Johnson & Johnson – 01/24 (#jnj)
- General Electric – 01/24 (#ge)
- Lockheed Martin – 01/24 (#lockhd)
- Boeing – 01/25 (#boeing)
- AT&T – 01/25 (#att)
- ASML ADR – 01/25 (#asml-adr)
- American Airlines – 01/26 (#amerair)
- Southwest Airlines – 01/26 (#swair)
- MasterCard – 01/26 (#master)
- Chevron – 01/27 (#chevrn)
- American Express – 01/27 (#amex)
- Colgate-Palmolive – 01/27 (#colgate)
*Tip* Users can automatically add the listed companies above to their personal calendar, as well as any other of their favorite stocks!