The Invstr Feed, Private League Chat Rooms, Academy and Direct Messaging are places to share, comment, and learn. Don’t be shy. Share your thoughts and ideas about investing and the financial markets.
And while we encourage all manner of opinions and a healthy debate, we also want to make sure our users feel safe and welcome at all times.
By adding content to the Invstr Feed, Private League Chat Rooms, adding comments in the Academy lessons or Direct Messaging other Invstrs, you agree to follow our Community Guidelines. We may occasionally update our guidelines, but you’ll always be able to access them here.
Please note: We reserve the right to block your access to our social channels, suspend or remove your entire account if you do not follow these guidelines.
It’s important to us that everyone is made to feel welcome and included in the Invstr community. No-one should ever feel excluded on the basis of their:
- Gender, gender identity, or gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Disability or medical condition
- Physical appearance.
A word on political discussion: Politics can have a major impact on financial markets. Discussion of political events is acceptable and expected. Political mudslinging on the other hand is not allowed. Please be polite and respectful at all times.
You accept and take full responsibility for your content and your conduct. You must ensure you have the necessary permission to post any information to the Feed, Private League Chat Rooms or Direct Messaging, and that in doing so, it won’t harm or offend any individual or business.
By participating in the Feed, you agree to:
- Respect the boundaries and identities of your fellow users.
- Refrain from oppressive and abusive language, such as racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, classist, etc., language.
- Flag abusive language, offensive content, harassment or discrimination.
- Avoid using offensive topics as a form of humor.
Together, we can deliver:
- A safe and welcoming community;
- A network of support and encouragement for new investors; and
- An environment conducive to learning.
We will not tolerate:
- Threatening language, or threats of violence or harassment.
- Misuse of someone’s identity.
- Use of offensive imagery.
- Stalking or bullying.
- The publishing of private or sensitive information.
- Anything else that might compromise a user’s safety.
HOW TO ACT
When creating your Profile (and link), posting in the Invstr Feed or private or group Chats, you must always avoid:
- Name-calling and personal attacks.
- Spreading false rumors in relation to investments, markets, or other financial information.
- Creating spam messages or attempting to deceive users.
- Advertising or promoting third-party or your own products or services.
Be polite and respectful:
- Don’t post anything that a reasonable individual would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Don’t post obscene or sexually explicit content.
- Don’t harass or impersonate users.
- Don’t expose private information.
- Don’t share spam or vandalize the Feed.
A good rule of thumb: If you’re writing or sharing something you wouldn’t otherwise show your family, colleagues, or boss, don’t hit ‘Post’.
And remember, just because we haven’t explicitly prohibited something within our guidelines doesn’t make it okay to share. We reserve the right to remove content that we believe breaches our Community Guidelines at any time.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU VIOLATE OUR GUIDELINES?
In the Feed, we operate a Three Strike Policy for violations. There is no time limit attached. Users may flag disruptive behavior or inappropriate content from weeks or months ago that has previously gone unnoticed.
- Strike One: You’ll be sent a warning message in the app and via email to remind you of our Community Guidelines.
- Strike Two: You’ll be sent a final warning and a reminder that if the disruptive behavior continues, you will be removed from the app.
- Strike Three: You’re out. Your account will be deactivated.
In severe cases, we’ll skip straight to Strike Three and immediately ban you from using Invstr.
Please note that in the case of Private League Chat Rooms, the Administrator can remove you from the group without recourse. In the case of Direct Messaging, you can be blocked by the recipient.
HOW TO REPORT A POST, COMMENT or user profile
Reporting a Post or Comment:
If you see a post or comment in the Feed which violates our guidelines, please flag it to make us aware. Here’s how you can do that:
- Tap the flag in the top right of the post or comment.
- Tell us your reason for flagging it.
- Tap ‘YES, REPORT…’
Reporting a User Profile:
If you see a user profile in the Feed which violates our guidelines, please flag it to make us aware. Here’s how you can do that:
- Tap the flag next to the FOLLOW / UNFOLLOW button on the profile.
- Choose whether to report the user’s profile photo, link, or description.
- Tell us your reason for flagging it.
- Tap ‘YES, REPORT…’
Once you’ve flagged a post, comment, or profile, you’ll get an email to confirm we’ve received your report.
In the case of Private League Chat Rooms, the Administrator is responsible for maintaining good order and can remove you from the group without recourse.
In the case of Direct Messaging, you as a recipient can instantly block the person and no longer receive messages. Additionally, you can go to the user’s profile and report them too.
If you ever experience abuse, harassment, discrimination, or you feel unsafe while using the Invstr app, please let us know as soon as possible via the flags above. Alternatively, you can reach out to us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for helping to keep the Invstr Feed a fun and informative place to learn and grow as an investor.
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions about our Community Guidelines, please email us at email@example.com.